Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sacred sharing with Shantimayi

Invited to join SM, she had lunch fixed for the two of us and I sat in a big wicker chair 4 feet away and directly facing her as she sat lotus style on her bed. People came and went, but we had a deep discussion for almost an hour. I share about regular life and work, that all is well, I have an inspiring project, and about the state of health care crisis in US. Shes very interested in all of these things, curious, and puts many observations and facts about the state of the world into her satsangs. Today she shared a couple of things I said. The deep connection though was quoting her reference to Huang Po: "Although there is no indwelling reality in all of this, it miraculously exists." (words are off a little). I reminded her that she shared the same quote 6 months ago in one of our emails, and that I had contemplated it, and found it to have the same meaning as the Buddhist core teaching that things have no intrinsic self-nature, and are impermanent, appearing to be real but only relatively so. I quoted the Lankavatara Sutra "the world is an image miraculously projected" and then shared my own experience of the unknown in the moment. The longing to share the observation that my own mind was quite alright being constantly busy, that it occurs in a space of stillness, and that it is inspiring was satisfied, and the right words for it seemed to come. She acknowledged and said that it doesn't matter what people think of it, that if it brings peace that is it. Also that the mind and the heart when coming together is what it is....(lost for words here, too many to remember, just conveying the meaning). I told her my mind has come to know itself and recognized the unknowable through the reflection of it, that "ping" which she mentioned, and finds itself to no longer be the biggest show on the road. The mind is surrendered to the unknowable and to absolute reality, and is in service to the truth not me to it. So I ended by telling her I have a sense of completion within me, every moment is perfect, I'm inspired 23 hours a day (give an hour or so for distractions lol) and going back to life and work is the same as being on a spiritual journey. She really liked that, and very hopeful that the clinical protocol which I had shared in detail goes well and contributes a lot. So this India trip has indeed fulfilled and finished off a big loop that started in 1997 and again came up one year ago. No spiritual ambitions, like I told her just let it spill over into my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I visited many sites except the audio quality
for audio songs current at this web page is really
superb.

my page roulette online

Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this
board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much.

I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.


My site - blocked drains harrow