Monday, October 22, 2012

Freedom from my question on suffering

The fourth layer of contemplation to "After the extinction of personal suffering, what's next?"
 My email to Shantimayi 10-22-12
Dear Shantimayi,
My perspective on suffering now, removes the boundary between "personal" and non-personal. So the "extinction" of personal suffering loses meaning. This new context goes beyond the teachings (in this case I refer to the Dalai Lama's teaching of the 4 Noble Truths per his translator Thupten Jinpa).
There is a person, and there is suffering. I can talk about it, but the distinctions evaporate in this more open state of awareness.
Thank you for pointing me to this deeper clarity, and gaining more freedom from the teachings:) I see through my question now. It's good!
Love Joel

No comments: