Saturday, January 5, 2013

Gratitude and body energy fields

Shantimayi proposed that we write a response this contemplation, which i answered as follows: Inspiration is in each breath. Sitting very still,

I feel rhythmic expansion and relaxation. Getting up, standing, walking, seeing, thinking, I feel it. I am immersed in a fine field of vibration that doesn’t end, and looking at my toes and my fingertips I know absolutely that is not where my beingness stops. Who I am extends forever. I feel gratitude for this feeling of knowing, and I’m grateful that I can experience that gratitude. My inspiration, the endless field of energy that I am, and my gratitude turn back into one another, and the expansion continues. This gratitude isn’t experienced through a positive thought, a nice word, or a kind action. It is a silent and full presence, and it is also my intent. When challenges come, the body energy seems to contract. This is the first response, felt by tightening of chest and gut, but not for long. The next response is attending to this contraction with interest and curiosity, until the lesson of it is seen. I’m always grateful to learn! Awareness of the inspiration in each breath returns, the contraction dissolves. The energy field that I am again feels as though it gives life to the universe. I’m grateful in this moment to our spiritual master who has pointed our awareness to search for these words. What a paradox! This is all a wordless state, resulting in a careful and difficult expression that still fails. Yet who wants to stop? In my heart I feel the truth, and gratitude for its unconditional freedom.

No comments: