Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What's next? About to enter the unknown



I looked at at my outline of notes to see where I'm at in this process, and I'm at least a month ahead of schedule. I planned at that time to wind down

from all the mental busyness of volunteer activities, enter a space where there is nothing to do, and allow myself to be consumed by the final desire. I've just figured out that this desire is also the experience of the Great Heart, and it's here now. So, what's next?

I planned to ask that question at my appointment tomorrow with my new teacher, then last night I browsed a link given at Saturday's workshop - Undivided: the Online Journal of Nonduality and Psychotherapy. The journal is new, just started months ago. Finding it solved my problem about how to speak the language of awakening, and gives perspective to the disservice of teachers who make the words they use inaccessible. The journal writings even have a sense of heart, unlike science writings that are cold and sterile.

Undivided brings academia to the deepest aspects of spirituality, or perhaps its the other way around, without circular reasoning and the pollution of endless copycat metaphors. Here is a way of putting things that people can agree on and use to effectively communicate. My discovery of this is beyond synchronicity. It has the feeling of being part of a personal cosmic plan.

I will learn this language, and the concepts and realizations underlying it. It won't take long, because the way is clear. Its fascinating that professors of psychology and philosophy have now mapped out the mind's opening to "nonduality," and done it in a way that gives the word respect. They are the astronauts of an infinite inner space, with endless discoveries waiting. I know from studying this new body of information that my essays seem colloquial, but with time they will become more precise expressions.
The heart is open, a new language is here to replace the haphazard old jargon of enlightenese, and the mystery unfolds. Now, the unknown can pull me in, and because of that I have no idea what's next.


One of my failed attempts to fix the illusion: an effort to integrate health care with spirituality

No comments: