Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Second Anniversary of My Spiritual Awakening

I almost forgot, it's been exactly two years since I awoke in the morning and immediately realized that I had awakened!
I had the shift of awareness that results in perceiving things from the view of absolute, immeasurable reality, and the fine mystical vibration of endless energy flowing in and out with each breath and heart beat. the duality of heart and mind coming together. Really a form of bliss. All of it described in a post I wrote in this blog that day, February 18, 2012. What's changed?


Looking back it was one year of the bliss of interconnectedness, joy of a free mind, and a sensitive heart that couldn't be around conflict or profanity much at all. That was followed by a year of grounding back, as some teachers have said the "return to our humanness." Others have described it as settling in. One school of teaching puts a number on it: Nine years after awakening before it is  integrated. They're all right and there also all wrong. I'm convinced the experience is so individual that one cannot wave a hand over it and say "it is so." But there are common features I have discovered. I've gone into all those in my website www.finalduality.org.


What now? Yesterday I drove 90 minutes to work a 9 hour rotation, just another day at work. I couldn't (or chose not to) share the 2 year mark with anyone there. But the usual sense of harmony and what I experience as the one infinite energy that never leaves (ok call it open heart or universal love) was present in every moment. Such days are occasionally punctuated by some stab of frustration or sudden conflict. I just watch that come and go and forget it unless some mental work or action needs to be done to fix something. The important things are the continuing silence of the inner critic that haunted me more than 50 years, and the feeling that I am where I should be and nothing is missing. The job I once had a love-hate relationship with is an ok place to be, in between the extremes. Suffering as I define it continues to be over. Its good to be awakened and have a day job with a good income.


My mind keeps "evolving," curious now about what the philosophers have said, listening to a 24 hour teaching on CDs while driving. They've said a lot and shame on people teaching spirituality who have managed to ignore it all. I'm perfecting my ideas on how science, psychology and philosophy all differ from spirituality, and where the point is exactly where they part. That's among several other investigations that are ongoing. Something tells me if none of it is useful in this life, then it will be in another. I can be content with 3 blogs and two websites that get random hits, are unread, and gather pixel dust. Noting this is only the 5th post in the past year in the blog that tells my whole story, I realize that the story of how it happened is over. The insights and realizations keep coming though, in a post-enlightenment way. Still tinkering and eventually perfecting them in www.finalduality.org and www.dualreality.org.

1 comment:

YiolatSpiritual said...

Hi,

I have saved this article so I could come back in the future and go through it once more. It is very intriguing, well-researched and also composed. I almost never observe marvelous content these days.
Also see my site Spiritual Store.

Have a nice day...!!