Friday, December 7, 2012

What really happened during those 12 years away?

I have often described the 12 years between 2000 and 2012 as a time when I went off the path, and back into the veil of illusion, self-judgment, and attachments.
Now its a year already since my "return" in January 2012, and looking back it becomes obvious that those 12 years were not a gap in my spiritual journey. The discoveries and expansions I experienced from 1997-2000 - stories written elsewhere in this blog - were not lost. I often thought of my teacher, and the direct experiences I had, and I was inspired to share them when a situation seemed to invite it. There was a lot going on then, and the suffering, as I define it, was full. All of it was an essential part of my present awareness. Now I can appreciate that this awareness is deeper and more grounded because of those 12 years. How quickly and effortlessly things fell into place when this dedication of fullest attention to the true nature of myself returned.

1 comment:

butterfly laa said...

Hi Joel this is Butterfly Laa from SL and 3RG your linked to my block:) I can fully understand your situation over the years you say you fell off the path.. I had a time such as that, a time I call a higher learning time..I have always viewed life as training ground.. a place to learn about ourselves and our maker.. sometimes it seems we fall off the path but we are just being redirected towards a higher learning for a time.. to bring things into a better focus again..Its all good if we just listen to when those time happen and learn from them:) GB (just my view)