Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Spiritual gathering t Samovar Tea Lounge

I've been a part of many spiritual teachings, gatherings, events over the years. Some stand out, but I can't see to remember one like this.
Eleven people shared sincerely, deeply, and with compassion. I moderated it and somehow the right words seemed to come. It was like answer to questions raised in the last post. Perhaps most of the people there can be teachers of some sort, and have the heart and wisdom to inspire and lead others. That's what makes it humbling. Is that something to try again? Now I can see how this process has to organically evolve, it takes growth to be prepared for the next development.
Introducing the format as one recognizing inquiry as essential in deepening on our journeys and recognizing when we have awakened, and developing compassion by observing two rules: affirmation, no negation; and nonviolence of intent, word, action. The question "what has been your most helpful experience with a spiritual teacher?" brought every sort of answer, including :I am my own teacher." People are awakening or awake, it was clear.
What's next? lol. It's impossible to say.

No comments: